Lost Telegram

I just found this telegram on the floor. It seems to have been posted to someone whose name and address are no longer printed on the envelope. It's a Notice of Surrender and it reads as follows:

From fight to fight,
from dust to dust,
I breathe a sigh
and long to rust.


Storming she comes on her dark horse,
silently I must put my ear to the ground
but her lightning strike comes with subtle force
Chevalier canons that make no sound

On my knees I stand fain,
so glad I am for being on your sights
Because once again,
I have been defeated by your eyes.

If you know who's guilty of having met such beauty, please let the Post Office Captain know. It might not be that late for this telegram to reach its addressee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late, Later On

Burnt Down House

Rainy Days Revisited