Late, Later On

One of these days I will be as gone as I could be,
so you can go back to sleep now darling,
because we may never be,
and this is something I’ve been told,
right from day one.

Within these words I am left to be found,
forsaken and flirting with time,
because silence won’t make it truer,
and this is something I’ve known,
right from the start.

Out on the highway and into the shadowlands,
when your night is eclipsed,
I’ll be out of sight.

You will long live in my memories,
so sleep tight sweet dreams my darling,
because tomorrow is all there is,
and for me a new day is dawning,
right out of you heart.

Out on the highway and into the shadowlands,
when your night is eclipsed,
I’ll be out of sight.

Comments

botas de agua said…
I don't really want you to be out of sight, even if you are in the shadow of time; maybe that's why there's a meme waiting for you and I'll be happy to read it. (what about writing it in Spanish?) Besos, yeux
botas de agua said…
what happened? you are so mysterious... must say that I loved your answer and I'm happy I was able to read it. Besos, gato misterioso.
sorry about that, was trying to add something and ended up removing my own comment instead.

Meme will be out soon, still thinking about those eight things...

And like I said before, it was a poem about impossible love and being hopeful even though it's pointless, yet adversely, it lights your way somehow.

Glad you liked it!

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Down House

Rainy Days Revisited