Impossible Germany

Tonight the Post Office has decided to remain open a bit longer only to celebrate sweetly-crafted pop. An addiction I’ve had since I was a kid trading my lunch money for cassette tapes. (I’ll go further on this at some later stage, as this was a precious age of mine which I’ve always treasured).

There are times when a song comes out of nowhere and it immediately let’s its magic unfold naturally, takes you through the smoke and then shows you where the way out, as a metaphor, is to be found in the form of a door that leads you straight back into the flames. And then the eclectic finale comes in.

Impossible Germany
Unlikely Japan
Wherever you go
Wherever you land

I'll say what this means to me
I'll do what I can
Impossible Germany
Unlikely Japan

Fundamental problem
All need to face
This is important
But I know you're not listening
No I know you're not listening

This was still new to me
I wouldn't understand
Impossible Germany
Unlikely Japan
This is what love is for
To be out of place
Gorgeous and alone
Face to face

With no larger problems
That need to be erased
Nothing more important
Than to know someone's listening
Now I know you'll be listening


Official Site :: Select :: Listen >>

Comments

botas de agua said…
supongo que la vida está hecha de eso, de coincidencias, y de todas las historias que nos quedan por escribir (unwritten, bonita palabra, ¿no te parece?). venía justo de recomendar a alguien que escuchara a wilco. sin duda una de mis canciones preferidas es "impossible germany" y me ha impactado encontrarla aquí, con el hermoso texto que la precede. ya sé que es muy osado pedirte esto, pero, ¿podrías considerar el traducir tus textos? creo que son muy buenos y, dominando como dominas ambas lenguas... nos permitirías acercarnos un poco más a ellos... besos
botas de agua said…
et pour quoi je n'ai jamais de réponse de tes yeux tristes, mon chat? peut-être mes commentaires te dérrangent? à tantôt!
Hola Botas, por supuesto que me encantan tus visitas. No me había loggeado desde que puse la última entrada, por eso no había respondido. Me alegra de que también te guste Wilco. Besos!
de camino a casa mover las monedas y hacer con ellas musica en el hueco de la mano.
now u know someone s listening
possible possible germany

Popular posts from this blog

Late, Later On

Burnt Down House

Rainy Days Revisited