Burnt Down House

Don’t worry, sometimes this is just the way things are, we’ve been eating the same meals every day and the radio still plays the same old songs. I guess we both got somebody else in our minds. The truth falls before our eyes and drips onto the table again and again.

Welcome to nowhere, thats what reads on the sign. No common ground to stand on, so where do we go from here? -The road ahead stretches for miles and miles, every line on the asphalt rolling through the rearview mirror incites the sound of the sirens, I look up at the white metal ceiling as I dwell upon chasing a walking hurricane. The wind deserves praising for sweeping me away from the dirt and ashes of our temple into somewhere new. Oh she has the most beautiful of names, but the blisters on my hands tend to speak aloud, they would give me away so easily and unlike you, I’ve wised up and scorched enough to be looking for an unjustified cause to play with fire.

Hope your journey is as pleasant as mine, as for us there cannot be a last time. What is a last chance? - When I can’t even return back to what we used to know because there is simply nothing left at all. You set the house on fire, all for a little spark, to light up those fireworks in your eyes. In no time the flames began to grow, those merciless moments before I had you lost in the smoke; and I, I was left behind inside as the house burnt down.

Comments

There is never a way back and i m not sure that what lies ahead is always pleasant, but there is, and there must. Sobre todo para un gato curioso como tú. Y la próxima vez recuerda que en caso de incendio lo más importante es....
Paz said…
hope you're fine.
we tend to forget that we can't possibly go back to the place we where before.
we tend to forget that what we actually need is to find a way forward.

Popular posts from this blog

Late, Later On

Rainy Days Revisited